- Residential Property
Buying or selling property can be one of the biggest financial investments you ever make. McKays Conveyancing has the experience and expertise to help you through every step of the process, whether you are buying or selling residential or rural land, houses or units.
We act for the following and tailor our approach to suit your needs:
- First home owners
- Property sellers
- Seasoned investors
- Family members transferring property between each other
We also act for property developers on a range of major projects including subdivisions, residential and rural developments and high rise residential property developments. See our Property & Development section for more information.
We will explain to you the ins and outs of the conveyancing process and are happy to answer any questions you may have along the way.
In particular, if you are buying a property we will talk to you about all aspects of the conveyancing process including:
- Your contract and its terms and conditions
- What risks you need to be aware of and how to protect yourself
- What a ‘cooling off’ period means
- Various timeframes that you have to meet
- The process for obtaining property reports such as building and pest reports
- The steps you need to take when applying for finance
- What property searches are available and the benefits of each
- What it means when a contract is ‘unconditional’
- What documents you need to sign and when
- What to look for in a pre-settlement inspection
- What happens at settlement and when you can move into the property
If you are selling a property we will explain:
- The terms and conditions of the contract
- What timeframes the buyer has to meet and what your options are if those are not met
- What you need to do with respect to your mortgage
- What documents you need to sign, e.g. transfer documents
- What needs to be done prior to and after settlement
Our professional, friendly and experienced staff will keep you constantly informed and will ensure a smooth, stress-free transaction.
Based on our extensive experience in this area, we have developed a number of checklists and information sheets to help you during this process. Click on the ‘Publications’ tab for more information.
For a high level of personal service, please Contact Us today.